12-02-2012, 11:06 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
If you think Ponder is in the same class of arm strength as Smith, then I KNOW you have not seen many (any?) Vikings games. FOUR. FOUR passes of >20 yards.

More to a point, if you don't think Rivers or Smith would have done better than Ponder over the past six games... well... I don't think we have much more to discuss then.
You are continuing to post a stat that correlates to having bad receivers. Is a guy supposed to throw the ball to covered targets who are 20 yards downfield? I would expect a QB with Randy Moss, Mario Manningham, Vernon Davis, Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams to get the ball downfield all the time.

Take a look at what Rivers has done all season with no receivers, a good TE and back, then get back to me. They're 4-8. Look what Alex Smith did for years in Frisco. He was nearly ran out of the league. The Vikings are not going to be a better team changing QB once again and neglecting their horrible receiving corps. This is Ponder's first full season, lest we forget they tried to trade for a QB again in 2011 and traded for a washed up bum. So trading picks for a QB, then drafting another one, and scrapping that project after one full year to get another QB is an acceptable course of action? A new QB every year? Consistency at the QB position is the key to getting a franchise pointed in the right direction.

Of course Rivers and Smith are better than Ponder, if you think the difference is large enough to be a playoff team, you're wrong. They would both struggle heavily with this personnel.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote