View Single Post
Old
12-02-2012, 11:56 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
I wouldn't worry about Jagr's number getting retired. It'll happen. Heck, Patrick Roy made up with Montreal. Time heals all wounds. Most people aren't bitter old guys like Dave Keon.

By the way, I think it is important to note that Jagr did at LEAST what Crosby did in 41 games in 2010-'11 a few times. We've never seen a season where Crosby has been at the Jagr level. I remember before Crosby got hurt by Steckel how the boards were flooded at how dominant Crosby's season is going to be and whether he can now overtake Jagr at his best. I remember clearly saying that I'd like to see him do this for a full year. Alas, it never happened. If Crosby stops shining Fehr's shoes and actually has some influence to help end this lockout than maybe we can see him put together a season that compares to Jagr's best. But we haven't.

On a sidebar, I know Jagr has a couple warts in his career, but is the 1990s THAT long ago that we are now taking an approach that I see on similar threads with Gretzky and Phil Esposito where people just brush off how great they were? Honestly, Jagr was noticeably the best player in the world for a little while and there is no argument there.

Big Phil is offline   Reply With Quote