Thread: Today I...
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
B2k3
The Hip Czech

vCash: 500
Won our first playoff game in an amazing comeback.

We had a rough first period (in which I won a defensive faceoff into my own net off of a defenders skate. Rattle me pretty hard for the period) that ended 0-3. We scored in the second, but they struck back ending it 1-4.

In the third, though, we come to play. I get my head on my shoulders and win the first face off by going around the other center and carrying it into the slot and firing it into the goalie, which rebounds back and gets picked up by my winger for a goal.

Another one gets rallied while i'm on the bench bring it to 3-4. Again we trade goals and the score becomes 4-5. Again, while I'm on the bench a play on my team scores off the post (and the net visibly pops from the puck), but the goalie scoops it out, and the ref waves it off. We are livid, as the clock is winding down. We pull the goalie at the 1:00 mark, and manage to hound them hard enough to put another one in the net, incredibly.

The last 30 seconds of regulation are ticking down while I'm on the bench and we are in the defensive zone and finally manage to clear it out with 15 seconds left. A shot and then a rebound into their goal happens with 3 seconds left on the clock, and the refs let the 3 seconds run out.

The best part is that they had a ringer score 3 of their damn goals, and he was a mouthy son of a ***** the entire time. Watching him throw his sticks and gloves out of frustration was such a rewarding sight.

Boy was that an awkward handshake line, though.