View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 12:06 AM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
NASCAR has lesser revenues than the NHL and isn't a team sport...the fact that so many people seem to keep perpetuating that it's bigger than hockey is extremely annoying. For all the talk that the NHL is regional (and it is), NASCAR is no different. I think I've met two NASCAR fans in my life, between living in Pittsburgh, Western Montana, and LA...both redneck relatives of mine. The NHL and NASCAR aren't competing for dollars in too many markets.

And anyone putting the MLS above hockey...

I love it, but even with the NHL continuously shooting itself in the foot, the MLS has a long way to go before it begins to sniff the NHL's jock strap in terms of revenue. The MLS's salary cap is under $3 million a year, for crying out loud. Only 9 players topped $1 million in salary from this current season, and the almighty icon that is David Beckham made less than Jeff Finger.

As for the question in hand...depends on who's lifetime you're talking about. I highly doubt it will happen for a few more decades, but it probably will happen eventually.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif

Last edited by Big McLargehuge: 12-03-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Big McLargehuge is online now   Reply With Quote