View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 12:15 AM
coursy17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
you're right, coaching staff must be idiots by giving preference to players who practice and play with professionals like Malkin day in and out and who went through intense Pre-season training with the main team. These are the same guys who have much higher expectations and are used to playing in a much harder league than the CHL. (Or do you think CHL is better than KHL?? LOL) Maybe they should favor guys who played great in some Junior league, like Khokhlochev with his amazing CHL career who couldn't even get a point for like 20 games in KHL.

It's a valid statement to say that Zlobin is a good player who deserves to be on a good team, but you can't compare CHL and KHL experience, the gap between the leagues and expectations for the players is huge.

Kosov might not have great numbers in KHL be he looked like man among boys if you watched the SSS. Same goes for a lot of other guys on the team. Shalunov, Sigarev and Kapustin among others played A LOT in VHL, which is also a pro league btw. Their stats there are quiet respectable there actually, and its again, a much tougher league to play in than jrs - they are playing against men and professionals.

Btw, the 2010-11 Russian WJC team was full of 'limited experience' KHL players who won the gold. Enough said.
i watched summer series and sss i like kosovs game i dont want to sit here and put hi down but between the summer series and sss kosov played 9 games 1 goal 2 assists, zlobin played 6 and had 3 goals. its tough to say kosov was a man against boys. i know the vhl and khl are much higher competition then the chl but if your not playing or getting minutes practice can only get you so far. look at prokhorkin playing in the ahl he gets minimal games and minimal ice therefore he is irrelevant. imho zlobin should be on the team so should kosov shalunov nichuskin slepyshev sigarev etc. i just dont think the gap in talents is so far that people are putting zlobin down like he cant make a difference because he can. all in all its a deep offense should make for good competition.

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote