View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Illinest

vCash: 500
The problem I have with the people saying Fleury is that Fleury has been objectively bad.
He really only has one good season - the first cup run when he had a .921 save percentage in the regular season followed by .933 in the playoffs. Aside from that - stats - Fleury's are bad.
He's had the benefit of tons of talent at Center and on the blue-line and a puck possession gameplan for most of his career that has limited opportunities against him but he still finds a way to give up goals.

But I think the most damaging aspect of his game is his total derpitude when it comes to playing the puck.

The only thing I'm willing to give him is the shootouts. He's money in the shootouts. That might be the least valuable goaltender skill in all of hockey but it's the one thing that Fleury excels at.

I'm even going to say that I'd take Lalime, Wregget and Hedberg over him. I don't remember too much about their respective games anymore but I know that I had more confidence with them in the net than I do with Fleury. Fleury seriously needs to go. He's paid too much for this and I lay a lot of the blame on him for the last three years of playoff failures.

Illinest is offline   Reply With Quote