View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 03:53 AM
Czech Your Math

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
The question is, at this point, would you even put Crosby over Malkin?
Because, you know what... For all the Ovechkin/Sid debates over the years, this Malkin guy's been getting stuff done more than the other two, all things considered.
I think it's really close between those three right now.

First and foremost, Crosby has to be able to stay healthy enough to maintain some durability and longevity, or he has no chance at being the best of the three.

Ovechkin may have the strongest individual record so far. However, he looks to have peaked, and his playoff/international success is very limited at this point. OTOH, he has been the most durable, which could help him achieve the best career numbers.

Malkin has more than held his own with those two, but most importantly he has the momentum. He rebounded from successful surgery to capture his second Ross and seems to have put it all together.

If you guarantee Crosby will avg. ~75+ games/season for the next 10+ seasons, then I would favor him to end up the best. I just have serious doubts as to whether that will happen. So if I had to choose, I like Malkin's chances going forward.

Czech Your Math is offline   Reply With Quote