4) Gordie Howe
5) Mike Milbury
6) Aleksander Maltsev
7) Don Cherry
8) Bobby Orr
9) Pepper (the poster at hfboards)
10) Wendel Clarke

My top 5, personal favorites:

1) Erich Kühnhackl -- 6'5 230 lbs dirty D who played 10 international tournaments for Germany. He was a very dirty player who also was known as having the biggest ego in the game. Later in his career, his club (EV Landshut) just put him in his own dressing room. Hollywood couldn't have created a better character.

See him in action:

http://internationalhockeylegends.bl...kuhnhackl.html

You can't call yourself a real hockey fan unless you got a Erich Kuhnhackl story in the back of your pocket (obs joke).

2) Richard Brian Pilon (aka Rich Pilon) -- Played 14 years and 631 games in the NHL without ever passing the puck. Sometimes he went board out, but his favorite was undoubtedly to just scop the puck out of the zone. Tough as nails no-nonsense D.

Good with his stick:

Hockey is because of Rich Pilon, I almost would like to say.

3) Denis Joseph Savard -- Known for his 'Savardian Spin-o-rama'-move. Small playmaking center/dribbler. AKA "Savoir-Faire".

Greatest goal ever:

Amazing plays:

4) Mark Messier -- Nuff said.

5) Stefan Shadow Nilsson -- I want a player like this on my team. Any day. Couldn't skate to save his life. But tremendous playmaker. His assist record in the SEL was just recently broken.

There is something special with following a hockey team with an amazing playmaker on it. You more or less know when something is going to happen with the stickhandlers and snipers. But the play making type who several times per game make that split vision, out of no-where insane pass, playing with linemates he got chemistry with, is hard to beat.

Last edited by Ola: 12-03-2012 at 06:23 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote