View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 07:00 AM
sg58

vCash: 500
Swedish Hockey Federation will "fight" for Ziba to be with them to Ufa. They would, however, agree to a deal that would send Mika back ASAP if a CBA was signed. It sounds like a weird condition but one of the reasons the Sens gave Sweden was that they'd want him in Ottawa for camp if that started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
http://www.phantomshockey.com/Pages/Team/stats.asp

couturier may be managing points, but his defensive game stinks and it seems that philly's AHL offense is top heavy.
Really? The player playing the toughest minutes on the Philadelphia Flyers (and doing it well) is bad defensively?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
I don't understand why we keep comparing these two. Why not compare em with Hamilton or Bartschi because I think those two will be better than Couts.
True, but passing on Couturier was the most "controversial" decision because of the hype and what he did in juniors leading up to the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Hockey sense? You don't see a play break down at a blue line, a player rush the puck and waltz into the offensive zone, then go forehand backhand past one of the best goalies in the WJC tournament without having some sort of hockey sense. You also don't take a puck out of mid-air from a Chris Neil rebound and knock it into the net without some sort of hockey sense. Or take a Lee pass on the side wall and absolutely hammer a one timer. The kid is raw and all we are doing is being idiots in criticizing him for not being at a certain level. Silfverberg is older than Zibanejad and spent his last season in the SEL on a championship team... he should be way the hell ahead of Zibanejad in development and it shouldn't even be a question of who is better right now, or who needs more time. Zibanejad is keeping pace with the top scorers in Bingo and playing on the top line, drawing the most attention on the ice. For 19 years old first time as a full-time professional in the AHL, he is doing well.
I don't get why we are comparing Silfverberg to Zibanejad. The main question here seems to be whether or not Zibanejad will live up to his #6, not if he's a better prospect than Silfverberg.