View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:07 AM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
The fact that he is the teams point leader among forwards, despite next to nothing going his way leaves me encouraged. If he and his linemates were converting on a normal amount of shots, he'd have 2 or 3 more goals and probably another 4 or 5 assists.

I agree about his need for confidence. Offensive confidence is what I hoped he'd take away from the AHL, but string of bad luck surely isn't doing him any favors. Hopefully the flood gates will open soon.
*insert Russian stereotype of laziness here*

But seriously, I really like watching this guy play. Rarely a dull moment.

I've watched most of the ice caps home games this year and I can say his confidence rarely seems lacking, just a lack of finish and I think some of that can be taken from the fact that this team has alot of good players, but not great. It's why they did so well last year, alot of 15+ goal scores but no pure finisher.

Every time he steps on the ice, and that's not exaggerating, there is at least 1-2 rushes up ice with the puck on his stick. Id say he prefers to carry it over the line rather than dump and chase, which I kinda expect with the mits this kid has. His defensive side is amazing and that is one area where this team would be in hot water without him. Add all these factors with a stacked AHL due to lockout, I don't see him lighting it up big time, but the confidence is there.

JusticeBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote