View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:22 AM
bsl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Let's just stop going in circles and leave it to a disagreement.
DA said it all in his last post, sorry dude. If the NHL wants to 'Partner' with the players, with a salary cap and a cap on share of revenue, it means they are asking the players to share the financial risk of owning teams.

It is evident. And it is why I side with the players. They create team value, and do not profit one penny from the rising value of the team they play for.

To be clear: While being asked to share operational risk, the players share nothing of the proceeds from the sale of their teams for profit. Often, huge profit. Far more than the operational losses of many years of running the team.

If the owners said, we ask you to share our financial risk, and we will pay you a percentage of profit on the sale of this team, then fine.

That is not what is happening, it will never happen, and that is why I can't believe anyone but a Capital owner and Rentier would ever side with the owners in this debacle. Is that you?

If not, it is not in your interest to defend the owners. You are like a factory worker in America who votes Republican because of your beliefs, and against your interests. It has not helped them, and it will not help you.

And, if the owner sells at a loss?

He can write it off. This is the real injustice of Capital today. Massive Losses should sink you like the Titanic, but they do not, not any more. I would take back this entire post if I knew that owners truly risked ruin for selling a team at a loss, but they do not. And so I do not support them in any way.

Today, in this time, you have to understand the difference between money, and Capital. It is an enormous difference.

Last edited by bsl: 12-03-2012 at 08:37 AM.