View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 09:29 AM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Here's the write up for the potential new Franchise Player Rule...

Quote:
Franchise Player Rule: I made a mistake in the first few weeks of this league and i let players be traded away that would, under no realistic circumstances, be traded away. In the first season alone the following players were moved:

Hedman, Lehtonen, Benn, Hossa, Evander Kane, Myers, RNH, Fowler, Parise, Reilly, M. Koivu, Benn (again), Weber, Zetterberg, Malkin, Eriksson, Phaneuf, and Morrow

In Season Two:

Couture, Lehtonen (again), Couturier, Fleury, Huberdeau, Larsson, RNH (again), Couturier (again), and Bergeron

Everyone on this list would most likely never be moved in real life. Including players who appear twice on this list, thats 27 superstar players and prospects that have been traded in two seasons. Hardly realistic. When i started this league one of the main premises behind the "Trade Limit Rule" was that i wanted teams to maintain their identities roster wise. I've done a terrible job managing this so far. All of the players listed above are Franchise Players i.e. teams build around them and they would only trade them for extreme overpayments or to fill a massive whole in their roster (even then most likely no).

The Franchise Player Rule: Prohibits GMs from trading players on this list away for 4 seasons, or until they reach Free Agency. These players can only be traded by approval from myself and it will require an extreme overpayment to do so. Trades involving Franchise Players are subject to a higher set of standards from myself than other trades and i'm very, very unlikely to approve them.

The following players are "Franchise Players" in my eyes:

Parise, Getzlaf and Perry (since ANH GM chose to re-sign them), Sequin, *Chara, Hamilton, Lucic, Jordan and Eric Staal, Tyler Myers, Shinkaruk, Toews, Kane, Keith, RNH, Duchene, Hedman, E. Johnson, Malkin, Hossa, *Datsyuk, Weber, Hall, Yakupov, Markstrom, Quick, Kopitar, Doughty, Benn, Fowler, Suter, Couture, Subban, Price, Pacioretty, Kovalchuck, *Zetterberg, Tavares, Ryan, Nash, Lundqvist, Karlsson, Spezza, Giroux, OEL, Eberle, Crosby, Letang, Burns, Bergeron, Huberdeau, Stamkos, Kessel, Sedin, Sedin, Bogosian, Ladd, Ovechkin, Backstrom (C), E. Kane, Larsson

Yes, 60 players is a lot, but in the real NHL there isn't a realistic scenario where most, if not all of these guys are traded.
Let me know what you all think

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote