View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 09:41 AM
RayFIN
Registered Homeless

vCash: 50
Saw Greg Maddux's 3000th strikeout. That was a blast of a game. My mom's neighbor sold a car to Neifi Perez, Cubs SS at the time, and gave my her neighbor the tickets... who gave them to me. Sat about 15 rows up from home plate that game, slightly on the Cubs dugout side. That was also the first game that Latroy Hawkins returned as a visitor, after completely BOMBING on the Cubs. Fans were going crazy, and he blew the lead in the 8th. Cubs ending up losing in extras, but the fans were all over Latroy and it was just so much fun.

The year after the Bartman incident, I got Cubs-Marlins tickets... which turned into a doubleheader. That was pretty cool. IIRC, they split and it was a rather boring two games.

Me and my buddy always had a inside joke kind of a thing about Micah Owings for no real apparent reason. My buddy was in town in Atlanta for the week, and Micah was pitching @ Turner while he was there. We made hanes t-shirt Micah Owings jerseys and got pretty trashed before the game... He hit two HRs, a double 6 RBI, 4 runs, and pitched 7 innings of 3 hit ball.

My dad had a work function that I got to tag along with, that included a weekend of nothing but free golf in Scottsdale, and they rented out the pool in CF. That was pretty cool, although couldn't believe how small it was IRL. I always thought the thing was massive. Caught two HR balls in batting practice, and Vlad tossed me one as well which was especially awesome since I always loved the guy. Best part was there was this annoying ass fat kid there, who he was throwing the ball to, that I snatched it from. Hated that ****er.

RayFIN is offline   Reply With Quote