View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
What isn't comparable? financial risk to health risk, or the level of risk?

i didn't classify everything as risk, i said that there is risk behind every choice you make, no matter how low the probability.
Your "life choice" is just you computing what choice has lower level of risk/higher upside. doesn't make the "risks" disappears.

Basically, if i understood correctly, your stance is that players made a "life choice" and should not ecounter any risks, and should not bother dealing with/looking for potential risks as oposed to investors, who make choices based on risk calculations, and not a "choice". it's the same thing.
You make a choice, it can go your way, or another, wethere it's "stocks" or "going for stroll at night". The upside is there, and the downside is there too; both are exactly the same. When one makes "life choices" it's usually because you tend to ignore possibilities of risk, or just decide beat the "risks", and just "go for it". Kind of like an instinctual analysis of risk/benifit ratio.

Which brings me to the same point yet again, risk on either side, should not be used as an argument into what each side should rightfully get. Argument should/is about whos responsible of bringing in what % of revenues, and that it reflects in either side's income.
Actually, all I said was that the owners are the ones taking the financial risks in the NHL, seeing how the players are guaranteed their contracts. They don't risk losing money, the only thing they risk is their health and possibly missing out on some future cash.

Let's get something straight, even the players agree with the 50-50 split. What they don't want is lose money off the contracts they signed. Understandable, but just not possible with a 50-50 split effective immediately.

Other people started talking about risks being taken as kids deciding a career path because they were grasping at straws. Every kid invests time and money into choosing a career path. It has nothing to do with who risks losing money in the NHL.