View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 10:51 AM
DanZ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoud View Post
Okay please explain where exactly Datsyuk has the edge on Ovechkin? AO is the better skater, you could maybe say defensively but it would be by a hair. Datsyuk had more points in 8 less games but Ovechkin scored twice as many goals as him that season. O my bad, i was off by two goals, he's scored at most 32 in a single season.

You will find a rare amount of detroit fans not willing to trade Datsyuk straight up for Ovechkin
You said Datsyuk never scored 30 goals, which was completely wrong.

Ovechkin is a faster and more explosive skater, but I'd say that Datsyuk is actually a better skater. He's not as fast as Ovechkin, but he has far more mobility and better technical ability in my opinion. His skating ability is part of the reason he is so easily able to fake out players all the time. It's not just the stickhandling. Datsyuk blows Ovechkin away defensively by the way, not just "by a hair." That's absolutely ridiculous. Datsyuk is a better playmaker, better 2-way player, better stickhandler, a smarter player, and always gives 100% effort. You'll never see Datsyuk gliding around the blueline with one hand on his stick in the defensive end or passively skate back into the zone on a backcheck. Datsyuk is the best player in the NHL without the puck, and again, he outscored Ovechkin last season in 8 less games. Datsyuk has been clearly better than Ovechkin for at least 2 years now

Noone in their right mind, as a Wings fan, would trade Datsyuk for Ovechkin and that god-awful contract.

DanZ is offline   Reply With Quote