View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 11:43 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphafox View Post
Another issue with our picks in this draft is that we don't know if Johansen and Atkinson are going to be true 1st line guys. A guy with #1 center upside is an obvious need, but getting farther down in the draft looking at guys like adam erne vs JT compher the progress of Johansen and Atkinson could greatly impact who we would take.
Put some talent around Ryan Johansen, and he will be a first line player. I feel the same way about Derick Brassard from time to time - if he had snipers to set up, I think he's a capable player. Johansen has proven that he makes players around him better, and with skilled guys, they can typically feed off of each other.

Atkinson's potential is through the roof, if he can stay healthy on a consistent basis. I'm always wary of guys with that build; he has to be deceptive and slippery to avoid becoming a major target. He has a great shot, and alongside Johansen, the two should be good. Add in another talented winger, and we might just have something going there.

I think it'll be BPA either way, though.