View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Well it is the Flyers and NJ's affiliate. I imagine the coach just tries to do what he thinks is best for the team to win and ignore who has a contract with which team, which would be the fair and sensible option.

edit-Oh, and since people were talking about Alabama-Huntsville the Flyers/Phantoms have actually had two players from their hockey program that I know of, Scott Munroe and Jared Ross. I recall reading that the team was actually going to shut down this season or perhaps after this season?

edit- Yup it was going to become a club team, or it did temporarily. http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...hes_offic.html
The Devils no longer have an ECHL affiliate. Most of their players land in Trenton if they need a spot (Wedgewood, Nagy, now K. Zajac). They also have a couple players in Elmira. But with no official affiliate, they have no sway over their players' playing time.

As much as the ECHL is a developmental league now (moreso than the brawler beer league that it used to be), the teams obviously still try to compete and win...which is why Wedgewood is getting starts.