View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 01:55 PM
FirmestPiano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Well aside from his ''physical'' tools, I would say his skating and shot are his best attributes for sure.

He does not have the quickest first stride, but I'm always surprise as to how fast he is going on the ice. He is not slow, and he is not a speedster, he is just fast. For a guy his size, already being ''just'' fast is pretty good. He's got plenty of time to work on his acceleration.

As for his shooting, it is not perfect. He needs a bit of time to get it off, but that can be worked on. He has a lot of strenght on his shot, it's heavy, goaltenders have trouble controlling the rebounds. It's not as accurate as a Joe Sakic of course, but it's getting there. He can definitely pick the corners.

If I were to rate Matteau NHL13-style with relation to his peers (CHLers), here's how I'd do it:

Acceleration: 6/10
Speed: 8/10
Passing: 6/10
Stickhandling: 7/10
Vision: 8/10
Shooting power: 9/10
Shooting accuracy: 7/10
Hitting: 9/10
Agressiveness: 9/10
Intensity: 7/10
Defensive coverage: 5/10
Poke checking: 6/10
Shot blocking: 5/10
Overall awareness: 7/10
Hockey sense: 8/10
Thanks for the reports, good reading. Will be interesting to follow him this season and the next to see what he could do/become as a player. Will definitely watch out for him if he makes the USA WJC team this year.

Gotta say I love the Armada jerseys, an awesome look. Hopefully your team will do well this season! Edit: or rather, continue to do well.

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote