View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Proto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
From everything I understand, the contracts have something written in them that makes them contingent on the CBA that is signed, so if the CBA contains a clause where Escrow takes money away then the contracts are still valid.

I agree with you in principle but in reality if you want the NHL to play anytime soon, you better hope the PA comes off the "make whole" clause. Just like you better hope the NHL stops trying to take away players contract rights (ELC length, Arbitration, UFA Age).

I'm tired of arguing principle, it's why we are here. Lets talk reality and what needs to get done to have NHL hockey back on the ice.
Here's the thing. If you'd told me in June the players would agree to a 50/50 revenue split and would be willing to get there within 3 seasons, and would be open to changing the way cap limits applied to long-term deals, I would have said they'd be able to get a deal without missing more than the pre-season.

I supported the owners (by and large) in the last lockout. I think Gary Bettman should be a pariah and this his stewardship of the league has been ultimately unsuccessful -- however, I never in my wildest dreams imagined the league driving the negotiations into the ditch as they have done repeatedly for the better part of 6 months. I'm honestly shocked by it.

At this point I hope the season is cancelled and we don't see hockey until Gary Bettman is removed as head of the league. I'd also like to see Jacobs removed as head of the board of governors.