View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Calad
Section 422

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
Pointing out the holes in your argument is not childish It is if you simply mock without any data to support.

"Here are the third highest scoring players on the team who are listed as centers. This is the dumbest thing you've offered by a wide margin. That is not what I did. I looked for the third line center on every team. Some teams, I knew who it was, others I was able to figure it out pretty easily based on the roster and what I recall from watching the team play and for others I took the those listed as center and tried to slot them to determine who would center the third line.

My point is that if you take the list you get a sense of what third line centers in this league are like and our guy is low on that list. He's a 4th line center; that's what I'm saying. Not that tricky. What's a shame is that I took the time to try and fortify the argument by pulling his peers and all it led to was mocking by those who haven't attempted the same effort themselves. All they offer is their opinion and silly stats about where faceoffs take place.

I could argue that Boyle takes a lot of draws in his own end because he cannot control the puck which leads to the opponent being on attack for the majority of each of his shifts which leads to a SOG and a defensive draw. As I said a silly stat that leads to more conjecture.
With the way Torts plays his system, Boyle is a perfect 3rd line center. Sure, we would like more offense from him, but that isn't what he is there for.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote