View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Canucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Here's the thing. If you'd told me in June the players would agree to a 50/50 revenue split and would be willing to get there within 3 seasons, and would be open to changing the way cap limits applied to long-term deals, I would have said they'd be able to get a deal without missing more than the pre-season.

I supported the owners (by and large) in the last lockout. I think Gary Bettman should be a pariah and this his stewardship of the league has been ultimately unsuccessful -- however, I never in my wildest dreams imagined the league driving the negotiations into the ditch as they have done repeatedly for the better part of 6 months. I'm honestly shocked by it.

At this point I hope the season is cancelled and we don't see hockey until Gary Bettman is removed as head of the league. I'd also like to see Jacobs removed as head of the board of governors.
To be fair, Fehr stalled negotiations throughout most of the year. I agree wholeheartedly that it's time to remove Bettman and get a fresh voice for the league though. The PA may have stalled initially coming together to negotiate early on, but at least they've made some significant concessions at the table, the owners have brought nothing.