Thread: Prospect Info: Senators Prospects 2012-2013 Season
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
Well, I kind of think there will be 9 spots for scoring line players, and one real energy line with the likes of some two-way energy / physical guys. That 3rd scoring line will definitely have some elite offensive talent, and I suspect will be more offence-focused, than defensive / physical focus. We'll see though.

But I wonder whether Puempel's shoulder is a little more banged up than believed. If he's not ready to play in the next few days and was already on the bubble, seems to make sense to name someone else. Wouldn't surprise me if that comes out in the days ahead. If the Doctor's weren't sure when he'd be ready (ie. 5 to 15 days) then that probably did his chances in.
Either way, I don't think their interested in bringing players to camp who they know won't make the team. And I think even if Ceci and Puempel could have been brought in over some other players listed, they'd be making the trip for nothing. Some people get mad over that and may even call it "politics" but that's the way it works...especially in a lockout year.

Without the lockout, both of these guys may not only be invited, but make the team and play key roles. When you've got Doug Hamilton playing all situations, doesn't make much sense to bring Ceci, you can find someone else to play defense first or something in a depth role.