View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
The Naz
With God given hands

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
Derozan wasn't a huge hype. He's still not done developing. And actually this year he's been solid. Exactly what we expected from him he just needs to start getting some calls going his way.

I'm not comparing him to Steve Nash. They are comparing him to Scottie Pippen though. I'm just saying he could be better then him in terms of their career numbers in scoring / all around stats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eytinge View Post
Demar was a huge disappointment in college though. He was touted as the potential first overall pick before people saw more of him and he dropped like a rock over his draft year.

Wiggins seems to have much better range than Demar and is already more athletic, but hopefully Wiggins goes to Kentucky where we can all watch him more regularly. I wouldn't put Wiggins in the Lebron category, but I do believe he can reach the same hype Durant had in his freshman year at Texas.

This is my point. He was touted as the next Carter when Carter was still a star. When he was Wiggins age now people locked him in for #1 until he faced college level defense and couldn't easily get to the basket. I'm not knockin Derozen or Wiggins, I'm just saying this level of hype is far more common then the actual realization of said hype.

I'm incredibly excited at the potential for Wiggins, and hope he can at least be great for Team Canada, or hopefully the Raptors. But I'm not gonna gonna add to the hype.

Few prospects live up to the hype doled on them from a young age. For every LeBron and Sid there is a Vinnie Lecavelier, Reggie Bush and Greg Oden. (I was personally super pumped for Oden!!)