View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Bubba P

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORYX View Post
Supply and demand.

When the tournament in is Ontario, there are typically so many fans that are close enough to drive a short distance for a game or two. ( Looking at Missy, you have Niagara, Kitchener, London, Brampton, Oshawa, Guelph, Mississauga itlsef, and to a lesser extent due to travel Barrie and Owensound. ) PLUS the draw of the GTA.

Its a fairly high concentration of Junior Hockey fans.

I dont see it as quite the same concentration in the other two leagues (the west is geographically much larger obviously, and I cant really comment on the east, but there are all the maritime teams that are quite a ways away from the bulk of Quebec teams)

Im not suggesting that the fans are better or anything of that nature in the OHL, but I believe the average fan seems more willing to travel a short distance to catch a game. I can't count the number of average fans I know that have travelled 2-3 hours for an away game, just because, and they arent even season ticket holders.
I don`t know what map you are looking at but Barrie is one of the closer places to Mississauga. It`s about 1 hour along highways 400 & 407.

Bubba P is offline   Reply With Quote