View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoogaar23 View Post
Holy thread derailment Batman. Came in here hoping to read people's thoughts on our new coach, instead I find 2 pages of Ben Eager...

As for Krueger - I didn't like the hiring when it was announced, but I didn't really have a reason for it. Smelled a bit of nepotism I suppose. But having heard him speak a few more times since then, and hearing Justin Schultz talk about how he was a big part of helping make his decision to sign here has definitely changed my opinion.

Of course that could all go out the window a month into his first season (whenever that is), but for now, I am optimistic that he will do good things for this team (ie - Horcoff and Smyth NOT being TOI leaders to start...)
I simply don't know what there is to talk about. Kreuger coached the Oilers for what 3 games last year. Other than that he coached team Switzerland and was an assistant coach here.
I'm not sure we could break down exactly what Kruegers assignments were last year. I know I've seen him run drills in practice, run practices etc but Krueger as an NHL coach is very much of an unknown. We could all say, well I think I'm going to like him a lot.
Really for anybody to come out and say anything definitive in terms of this coach at this point is conjecture and likely bs.

I'll say I like the idea I have in my head about what Krueger could/would be like but I'll leave it at that because its impossible to have an informed opinion on that. Thus the thread derail symbolically indicating that theres really very little to talk about on the topic. despite me just speed typing a page...

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote