View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
NYI78

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
I agree with this. Bridgeport took a ton of penalties last night. Some I felt weren't warranted, only because it looked like Norfolk was getting away with similar play. Regardless, a couple of the goals I saw against Nilsson were off shots that he originally made the save on only to have a player standing right in front of the net bang home the rebound. You'd like to see your defense keep the crease clear, but what are you gonna do? I think it would have been a little different had Hamonic not gotten hurt.

As far as Ness goes from your previous comment, I agree he looked a little rough on the PK, but honestly I don't see him ever being the type of NHL defenseman who will get PK time. IMO he'll be used as a 3rd pairing PP QB, if anything. I thought he did look good though, aside from his PK play. He was poised with the puck, especially when he had it in his own zone. I saw a lot of Tigers trying to rush the puck out of the defensive zone, leading to a lot of turnovers, but Ness always looked calm and seemed to make the right play. That, and he and Donovan seemed to be the only defensemen who could move the puck up ice last night. Maybe the poor play of the rest of the blue-line just made Ness look that much better.

Either way, hopefully they can get a little healthier(Hamonic/Ullstrom/Kabanov) and get back on track.
These are all fair points.. the injuries mounting up aren't helping at all..