View Single Post
12-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Geno and Juss '13
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
When I spend 100-200 dollars for tickets I like to sit and watch them play hockey. I'm not going to scream all game. I will get excited and cheer when appropriate, but I don't feel like any less of a fan because I don't "go ballistic" for the sake of making noise.
Amen. I have been to about 200-220 regular season games and 30-35 playoff games, and I've found that the people who might seem like "serious fans" on TV are, in reality, the worst people to sit around because they are ****ing morons.

Excitedly jumping out of a seat everytime the home team enters the offensive zone might sound like a real superfan ... until that ******* is sitting in front of you.

I'll let you in on another secret: Those people who eat 8 pounds of Uncle Charlies sausage in the parking lot before Steelers games and who drunkenly soil themselves in the stands aren't great football fans, either.

There is a difference between being a spectator and a spectacle. In my book, a good fan isn't as aloof as the former nor as obtrusive as the latter.

Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
I'm always in the upper bowl, so maybe that's why I don't have the same thoughts on Consol as some others. Also, I love going to Erie Otters games. So much fun and dirt cheap.
I'm a man of the people. Mrszeigler and I would rather eat our dinner at the bar than merely pass the time there until our pager goes of for dining-area seating. But I like watching the game from mid-arena perspective (C-level in Mellon, final few rows at Consol) too much to do the smart thing and save money by moving upstairs. And the people who have seats around me are not millionaires. Many split full-season packages among two or more groups to be able to afford the seats. Me, I'm not that smart — or perhaps I like hockey too much. Instead, I just forsake vacations and anything else that costs money. I've been a scrooge when it comes to everything else so I could afford good hockey seats. After this lockout, I'm not so sure that's that case.

Last edited by mrzeigler: 12-03-2012 at 03:35 PM.
mrzeigler is offline   Reply With Quote