View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
drs151

vCash: 500
I didnt watch the video but it is possible for some kids to be close to average NHL speed but not the fastest guys. And not even average. And when I say kids I mean 16-17 year olds. I know this because I used to be one of these kids. Im 25 years old now. But at 16 years old I was at a camp and Barry Smith was there. I believe he was the coach or assistant for the Red Wings. But anyways we used the same style of course he said he used for his players. I cant remember the exact numbers but for the course he used I believe he said the average of his players was 14.7 seconds, and the fastest were around 14.1. I did my course in 15.0 seconds. Now im not trying to pump my tires, I wasnt the biggest and didnt have the best hands or the best hockey IQ. But I had many scouts tell me that I was one of the fastest hockey players they had seen. I also won fastest skater at a moose jaw warriors WHL camp. (didnt make it haha)

So really no kids are any where near the fastest skaters in the NHL. I was one of the fastest kids at 16 years old in western Canada and I was almost a second slower than the fastest guys on the Detroit Red Wings. And who knows those guys might not have been even the fastest compared to others in the NHL.

drs151 is offline   Reply With Quote