View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Now you're being silly. At the SSS he was playing with Danault and was clearly slated in a defensive role, his job was to shut down Yakupov and Khoklachev, something he did.
Let's actually be critical and accurate for a second here. Both Khoklachev and Yakupov scored (2 pt game for Yak) in the game 1 win vs the Q, but neither of them lineup opposite Hudon anyway (wasn't Sigarev Russia's RWer on that line... when he wasn't in the box?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
He might not have been the best player for the 'Q, but he wasn't far being it. He was generating offense, even if it wasn't his role. If Beauvilier had better scoring ability he would have ended the night with a couple more assists as Hudon set him up beautifully on the PK and on 5on5.

Because of his good play, people are now slating him in an offensive role for the tournament, something that wasn't foreseeable in the recent past.

I get it that you're far from a Hudon fan, even though you're a Habs fan. It's alright, we all have our favourites, but saying Hudon was useless against the Russians is being silly.

And before you say it, yes I'm high on Hudon. But I think I'm able to be critical enough to judge a hockey performance, as much as I am a fan of a team or a certain player.
Not "useless", a "non-factor". As in, not "out of place" but certainly not someone who stood out as having a place to lose going into the U20 camp. Besides the Subway, I've only seen him live for the Can/Rus series and his two stops here with Chicoutimi, and only a couple of times more on top of that on TV via Friday night Q hockey, but I followed him decently closely last year (always do my homework for our Mock Draft, and always do extra research on Habs picks) and I still don't see the player that his biggest supporters seem to. But again, more importantly, I just see better options on the invite list.