Thread: Speculation: Luongo: the continuing saga ...
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
This is why I dont see Lupul/Bozak as players Gillis would target.

Paying a premium on guys who just had career years.

I see him trying to buy low on guys like Kadri/Kulemin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Oh, I don't doubt that and he should. Although, one has to believe Kulemin can rebound passed seven goals.

Betting man that I am, I see it more likely Kadri++ happens for this very reason.
You guys are probably right in that 2nd liners and prospects are what to target. Kulemin is a bit of a sticky issue though because of exactly what Bourne mentioned...30 goals to 7 goals...who knows what he can do? Year before last I would have called him a top liner but now I honestly don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
What do you guys think Bozak is? 2C? 3C? Tweener? I'm surprised he can turn in a career year in points and people still see him as the weak link dragging that line down... What more do you think he could do?
Calling him a not "real" center wasn't fair. I see him as more of a 3rd line center at this point with great chemistry with Kessel and Lupul.

He's not a bad hockey player at all he's just not a #1C and he is definitely the weakest link on the line. If you give Lupul and Kessel a true #1 or even a really good #2 with chemistry I think they (or Kessel at least) would look a lot shinier.