View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 04:59 PM
Swervin81
Leaf fan Wild bndwgn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
This is my point. He was touted as the next Carter when Carter was still a star. When he was Wiggins age now people locked him in for #1 until he faced college level defense and couldn't easily get to the basket. I'm not knockin Derozen or Wiggins, I'm just saying this level of hype is far more common then the actual realization of said hype.

I'm incredibly excited at the potential for Wiggins, and hope he can at least be great for Team Canada, or hopefully the Raptors. But I'm not gonna gonna add to the hype.

Few prospects live up to the hype doled on them from a young age. For every LeBron and Sid there is a Vinnie Lecavelier, Reggie Bush and Greg Oden. (I was personally super pumped for Oden!!)
1. Vinnie Lecavalier was beastly in his prime, then he took a Matt Cooke to the knee and was never the same since.

2. Reggie Bush was horribly mismanaged by the Saints. Never given a fair chance to be the the #1 running back option on the team. Given the Darko Milicic treatment, essentially. Not given a fair shot until it was too late (with Dolphins).

3. Greg Oden has been insanely unlucky with injuries.