View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Difference is home grown talent will likely take pay cuts to play for a team they enjoyed playing on (See Crosby)

Spending big names on UFAs like Parise or Suter and eating up huge cap space before you develop your own prospects is a pre-Burke Toronto Maple Leaf strategy lol
Let's say they take a cut and are payed less than the Minnesota stars (-7M) and all garner 6M contracts, is it better to have two stars at 7.5, or four at 6?
Personally, I think it's important to have the depth players (I'm using this term grudgingly because I feel that these two will be solid 2nd liners) like Zucker and Coyle because they won't command the extra pay that the stars will and will only produce marginally less, at least that's my opinoin.

I think that Minnesota has a better future because of the balance in their prospects. Do the Oilers have a bright one too? Yes, I believe so, but until they learn to draft outside the top two rounds and manage assets with emphasis toward the middle two lines, they won't go anywhere

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote