Thread: Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info/Discussion 6.0
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 06:18 PM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Fischer View Post
He's adjusting to the college game, and enduring a bit of growing pains associated with it. He's been playing 2nd line minutes lately but I think a big reason why he's not really relied upon offensively is because the team covets his size in defensive situations. I think he would be lighting it up in the CHL to be honest. I think he not only makes camp, but breaks it. He's still a good player, with NHL skill potential. I wouldn't say that about Barber and what's his face (too lazy too look) starts with a C that are the little guys leading his team in scoring.
The couple of games I watched, he's fine with the college game. He's having a really hard time finishing right now, that seemed to be his only problem to me.

Like I said, I'd imagine that his summer camp was enough to get him named to the prelim roster but Galchenyuk and Trochek probably have the top two center spots locked up. My opinion is Kuraly would be their best bet for the #3 C but there's a couple of other centers who have are having much better seasons than Kuraly. His size, skating and versatility should get him a spot on the team but US hockey won't completely ignore his struggles so far this year.