View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 07:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofLA View Post
Watching Alex Roach vs Kootney Ice and this kid is solid. Scored a goal about 4 feet from the net as he joined the rush. A couple of shifts later he was on a penalty kill (5-3) and he was everywhere to kill the penalty. He reminded me of a young Mattias Norstrom on how he moved on the penalty kill.

Anyone else have a scouting report on these guy?
AR was a nice pick up for us indeed. He can skate pretty well and likes to play a physical style of game. Has a good shot but not a canon and finds the open man pretty well. He needs a little work on his positional play in his own end but he is still learning and to me he shows a willingness to take a chance every now and then rather than constantly trying to play it safe.

He likes to fight and is good enough at it but will have to learn to keep it in his pants if he plans on making it in the NHL. I could see him with an honest shot at making the NHL in the next few years but he is going to take it one step at a time and that is good for us.

I would like to see him work on his speed a bit between now and next season when he will be expected to make the jump to the AHL.