View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Redden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
Let's say they take a cut and are payed less than the Minnesota stars (-7M) and all garner 6M contracts, is it better to have two stars at 7.5, or four at 6?
Personally, I think it's important to have the depth players (I'm using this term grudgingly because I feel that these two will be solid 2nd liners) like Zucker and Coyle because they won't command the extra pay that the stars will and will only produce marginally less, at least that's my opinoin.

I think that Minnesota has a better future because of the balance in their prospects. Do the Oilers have a bright one too? Yes, I believe so, but until they learn to draft outside the top two rounds and manage assets with emphasis toward the middle two lines, they won't go anywhere
I like the post but koivu makes almost 7 too and backstrom makes 6. I know backstroms contract is up next year but he'll still command five and if you let him go you'll have a hole in net. Players like coyle and zucker if they get to be second line players won't be cheap either, probably around 4.5 million. Point being, I feel like Minny won't be able to afford all the depth they have assembled. Same with Edmonton and all their young guns

Redden is offline   Reply With Quote