Old
12-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
That's all well and good, and some prominent folks are willing to admit the possibility, albeit very slim, but guess what.... until there's actual evidence, scientifically discernible evidence, it is pseudoscience.

To quote Wikipedia, because I'm too lazy to go to a dictionary site and already had Wiki up anyway....

What scientific method does belief in Bigfoot adhere to? Belief in unsubstantiated witnesses while ignoring the simple facts that there have been never been any bodies recovered, clear photographs made, or scientific studies of the species in the wild when we're dealing with a species that would have to have a massive environmental impact by its very nature in a region of the world very accessible to study is the height of pseudoscience.
What respected scientists in the Bigfoot community is practicing pseudoscience? Please be specific. Based on the definition you give I know of none.

Quote:
People used to say that crop circles were evidence of UFO encounters and that they were impossible to do without overhead surveillance coordinating everything..... until a couple guys with a wood and metal bar recreated even the most complex crop circles with relative ease in a couple hours.
Crop circles? Seriously? I think you're comparing apples and oranges quite honestly, crop circles are not an animal of any kind to begin with nor has anyone in science that I know of every taken it being aliens seriously.

Quote:
So no, footprints are not evidence, unless we're talking about fossilized prints.
Why not? Its not enough to make the case that these is a Bigfoot but it still offers a clue on what might be out there.

Jimmy Chilcutt a expert with dermal ridges found the same castings of footprints in California AND Idaho - I think Idaho - 20 years apart. I tried to find the link to it but still looking for it.

Quote:
No one has come close to replicating a suit? Uh.... what?

And the walk's been replicated lots of times on plenty of TV shows by skeptics of Bigfoot, so not sure what point you're making there. Plus, it's still being talked about today despite all the time that's passed just because it was famous footage, just like people still talk about the famous Nessie photo that's been admitted to be a hoax for years, too.
You might want to check this out:

http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/data-p-g/

And then afterwards if you got time read this:

http://www.themunnsreport.com/the_munns_report_r1.pdf

Quote:
I'll hold my breath of the validity of the scientific evidence once they release the results of said evidence and open up access to the evidence to peer review, aka - the normal scientific process.

And.... what.... they have high depth footage but aren't releasing it? Suuuuuure.....
Fair enough, but the last sentence you're starting to drift towards being cynical.

Quote:
The question that I have to ask you through all of this is a simple one.... do you actually believe they have the evidence proving Bigfoot's existence or do you just really, really hope that they do? I don't have a horse in the race, if they do have evidence, oh no.... I'm wrong, as is essentially the entirety of the scientific community. But its discovery, even as a human-other species hybrid, would be so monumental in our understanding of human evolution that no one would care that they were wrong and be more excited about likely the most significant biological discovery in decades, so I wouldn't really care if I was wrong.
I am heavily leaning towards yes but I can't say for sure until I see it myself, you might have little or no respect for me or what I believe in but do know I'm very much a skeptic. My fear is she has the goods but her presentation will be her Achilles heels. I also don't like some of the people associated with her, especially the Russian scientist who leaked her results nor her PR rep whose last name is ForrestPeople....nah really.

Quote:
A decade or so back, a laboratory excitedly proclaimed that they had created the first human clone, much to the shock of scientists, politicians, theologians, philosophers, and the general public everywhere. Only.... they didn't, and were just talking out of their keisters and made it all up. Scientists tend to believe in the concept of Occam's Razor, where the simplest explanation is usually the right one. Either this is a repeat of that or a massive primate species has managed to elude detection despite living along the border of two modern, western nations in relatively proximity to heavily populated areas of the Pacific Northwest until just now. Guess which one is the simplest explanation?
So what? Fraud happens everywhere, because it happened in one obscure lab we are to take this to mean its happening here? Com'on bro.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 12-03-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote