View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm guessing Antro receives around 1.8-2.2 on the open market (given same cap ceiling as current). Ponikarovsky is more defesnive, less offensive, and received 1.8, which most people think is a good deal. People pay higher dollars for offensive forwards than defensive.
He is solid producing offensive forward, quality PK and secondary PP, and has been improving his defensive game. Our most likely prospects to replace him are Klingberg, Telegin or Lowry and none of them I think are ready for that. So, I could see the Jets giving him a 2 year ~2mil to stop gap for a bit.

Hainsey is a decent #4 defenseman and a fantastic #5. Now I'm big on upgrading him (as many here know), but who do we have to replace his defensive minutes? Stuart is a joke for top 4 (decent on 3rd pairing though), while Melchiori, Chiarot, Yuen, and Sol are years away and may never be as good. Hainsey wouldn't get paid at half his current wage as a second pairing. His caphit is 4.5 right now and you'd be hard pressed to get a lateral replacement at 3.5 in the current UFA market (given same cap ceiling as current).

I hope GP in the playoffs don't indicate skill otherwise boy was NYR dumb to trade for Nash...

I can agree though that picking 3 of Slater, Antropov, Ponikarovsky and Wellwood might make Antropov the odd man out.
I'd like to see us resign Antro and Poni for another 1 year deal each.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote