Old
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
nick lidstrom is also nick lidstrom, unlike RNH
Lidstrom talked quite a bit in the room. He wasn't a big speech guy, but he was big on preparing the team. Talking about what the Wings do well what the other team does well. A calming guy, but not as silent as a lot of people remember and when he spoke everyone listened. He didn't deliver the paint of the wall stuff that Yzerman and Draper did, but he didn't sit in the corner and he didn't just say watch what I do. One of the reasons although it was wiped out by the lockout I was looking forward to 24/7 before he retired was I think this would have showed when they followed the team. It is inaccurate from what I know of those guys to pretend Lidstrom didn't have leadership right away he didn't grow into as much as some people think. Lidstrom got an A very early in his career, it wasn't because he was just a great player. He is a very effective communicator and leader.

On this roster while I don't expect him to make the team very happy Ryan Sproul got an invite. He started the season on fire and has been very good since coming back. Really looking forward to the future pairing of Sproul and Ouellet in Detroit, Holland better not trade either.