View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 07:55 PM
McDreamy
Losing credibility

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8th Rounder View Post
I really don't get why Oiler fans always bring up that Seguin was hot to the start last season and try to overexaggerate it with statements like he scored half his point in a month and a half and then ultimately try to eliminate the best stretch of his season from his production. Every player has hot and cold streaks throughout the course of a year. You can always find some angle, Hall gets more of his points on the power play but I won't try to take that away from him as what matters is the overall production, so Seguin had 67 points and not a point less.

I also don't think that Tim Thomas and Zdeno Chara should be held against Seguin, people I think are acknowledging he has help in this area to blow Taylor Hall out of the water in +/-. Another point worth consideration is Hall gets more icetime and more sugar time than Seguin because he is on a less deep team.

Also how about the ultimate individual stat: shootouts. Here Seguin has always been better than Hall and earned the Bruins several extra points with game winners. I really like Taylor Hall by the way but a case can be made for either.
I was with you the whole time til that. Come on man. Sure it's nice for a team if you have a guy that is money in the shootout, but it's the last thing I'd use to judge between quality of players.

I'd say it's still too early to say either is head and shoulders above the other. Hall is a lot more than just the points he puts up though, and watching the Oilers or the Barons this season shows that. The guy is an ugly hockey player at times, but he gets the job done.

McDreamy is offline   Reply With Quote