View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 07:59 PM
enviro61

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
I just tire of the way that people naively pencil in such an unrealistic number of prospects to make the roster together. They can't all make it and every team has prospects to be excited about just like us.

Some people honestly have Puempel, Noesen, Ceci, Zibby, Stone, Silf, Weir, Boro, Petersson, Prince, Hoffman, Da Costa, Pageau, Grant, Claesson, Kramer, Drieger, Lehner, and Bishop all earmarked to make a team that MAYBE has space for two rookies each year...

Even if we wrote off free agents entirely and added three of these guys to the roster each year...we would still have drafted another 42 PROSPECTS for them to compete against by the time we got them all on the ice.
We don't have a single bluechip can't miss offensive prospect. Murray really needs to win a trade like the Anderson trade for a forward in my opinion. Turris is not there yet and besides Spezza, we have no elite forwards.

Also, many of the best teams are young teams and will still rule the roost in 5 years. Besides the Canucks and Wings, how many other top tier teams are on the downswing? Look at the east, last year, who is getting worse; I don't see a single team that needs to consider rebuilding over the next 5 years...maybe the Caps if they continue their playoff struggles but their talent level is still off the charts.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote