View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:07 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Mets should make a run at Saltalamacchia. Red Sox are overloaded with catchers now that they signed Napoli.
They signed him to play 1st base. Doubt they are going to trade Salty at this point in time, unless Lavarnway is 100% going to be the guy. If there is a team to get a catcher from, it is Toronto. D'Arnoud, Arencibia, Buck, and they claimed Eli Whiteside today. They are going to move a catcher and possibly a piece to improve the rotation. JP is most likely to be traded. D'Arnoud is going to take over for him. It's possible they trade Buck, but my guess is they want a vet to work with whoever they keep of the two. Whiteside is insurance for injury. In the AL, they can carry a third catcher most of the time.

I like looking at Ross or Ludwick for the RF spot. Duda is the everyday LF. Find someone to play center instead of putting all the chip in the Kirk in centerfield. No opposed to Torres coming back cheaper, but my guess is they will look somewhere else for a CF to pressure Kirk or to play incase he does not perform.

Get some BP arms and a couple solid bench players and this team could be a good team next year. Ike, Wright, Murph, Tejada, and Duda not too bad imo. Add some pieces to that like Ludwick, Ross, Arencibia, D'Arnoud, and Kirk and the lineup looks solid.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote