Thread: Proposal: Who wants Jonathan Bernier?
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:11 PM
DontgoZiggy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
From a Toronto perspective, you want to pass on the notion of trading for Bernier simply because he's so unproven and instead shoot for a guy in his mid-late 20s, but it is tough to completely pass up on the potential outright.

I think the offer would be in the ballpark of Scrivens, MacArthur, and a mid-round pick... with some room to swap pieces of similar importance to the Leafs in/out.... however I have a tough time believing that would be the best offer for Bernier.

To me, the ideal destination for him might be a team like the Blue Jackets. They're in a position where they have to have a long term outlook, and I think they've realized that Mason isn't going to be that guy. However, it'll certainly be tough to justify giving up more than they did for Bobrovski. Calgary, Anaheim, Minnesota, and Winnipeg might have some merit as well.
I think you're right, that wouldn't be the best offer for Bernier. We have no need of Mac who is a free agent at the end of this season, he might not even end up playing for us. Scrivens contract expires the following year. Lombardi would probably just prefer picks.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote