Thread: Speculation: Luongo: the continuing saga ...
View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 08:58 PM
DanCloutiers5hole

vCash: 500
After hearing Bozak's evaluation from T.O. fans I am actually shocked that he would be a centerpiece to a Luo trade. Admittedly, i knew little about him other than " i thought" he was a top 6 center with some decent offensive upside, but now with the consensus being he's probably no better than a #3C with average defensive abilities really concerns me. If this is actually the case why wouldnt VAN just stick with giving Schroeder a shot at the 3C position, i know he is working hard at his two-way game in Chicago and has been improving steadily. Although, Schroeder hasn't proven himself at the top level, as opposed to Bozak, but if this trade does in fact go through as speculated does it effectively say that VAN doesn't have faith in him going forward? It also seems to me that this wouldn't be a "win now" transaction but more of a future project, which also doesn't make sense not give Schroeder a shot first. I think i'm just of the opinion that if im acquiring a 3C i rather him be a shutdown guy, than a project with defensive liabilities that "may or may not" be a future Top 6 center. I may be way off base but this really changes my opinion of the value in these recent trade proposals.