View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFanSince1989 View Post
Steve Burton is a respected Boston Sports reporter who apparantly has exclusive access to the Patriots. He doesn't need to make up stories about the NHL lockout to be known, or get hits.

And to me, from a public relations scenerio, I think it makes perfect sense. I've thought for sometime that Bettman would be falling on the sword after this lockout. He will take the blame for the fans (because fans are more than willing to blame him),he will resign, and the owners will hope that will placate fans. But what better way to do that then: Bettman and Fehr Negotiate deal behind closed doors (Maybe with mediator help), keep it quiet, have players - owners meeting (supervised by the more likeable Bill Daly and Steve Fehr), shortly after announce deal, Wednesday, Bettman resigns at the Board of Governor meeting. Don Fehr Resigns at the conclusion of the CBA signing. Bill Daly takes over as Commish, Steve Fehr takes over as Exec. Dir. of NHLPA, Players and Owners look like heroes for 'negotiating' deal, while the big bad Bettman is gone. It's really the perfect exit scenerio for the NHL.
Pass the dutchie on the left hand side...