View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Jeff from Maine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazi View Post
http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...rting-pitcher/

Ouch!! So either they know they can't get more than 1 pitcher in Free Agency, are going to trade a position player(s) for pitching, or they are going to trade a starting pitcher. Maybe Lester will be traded?

If Lester is traded I wouldn't do it for Myers. It better be some MLB ready prospects, an OF, or a 1st baseman. I'm iffy on Myers because I have to ask myself why he is being shopped if KC won't even come close to the Playoffs for some time? Since Myers is controlled for 6 years, why doesn't KC rebuild with him?

C'mon guys what's with all the Jerry Sands hate ? I say that price was less to pay rather than giving a starting pitcher (Lester) for Myers, a player you guys are comparing with Sands. We got him in a package for a utility man (Punto), a chicken eating beer drinking out of shape pitcher (Beckett), and a power hitter that lost all his power that year (Gonzalez). Although I can't guarantee he'll be the answer for us in the OF or at 1st base, I can guarantee we'll see "The Sandman" make his debut this season
KC is NOT far from the playoffs. A guy like Lester or Shields put them right in the middle of the wild card chase. KC is a team that is on the rise and will be knocking on the door before you know it.

And it takes giving up some very good assets to get one.

Pretty easy to see.

Later