View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 09:59 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
Could be. I remember reading few years back on other forum that Czech coach invited only "his" players, mostly from Slavia or Sparta, while he simply ignored players from two clubs that played for title in Czech U20 league. And result was disasterful, Czech U18 team were relegated from Elite division. It was back in 2007.
They've done this multiple times. Poster Czechexpert will have better information than I do, but the Vitkovice team has stopped many players who left their organization to play in the CHL from playing in the WJC. Mrazek was stopped one year, Polasek (Vancouver prospect) was left off the roster, as was Stransky last year and apparently now.

Luckily, they have a very strong group up front, but the fact that they're neglecting a player with Stransky's talent throws up red flags. The kid would make this teams second line much stronger and would keep Beranek far away from this lineup. These politics are going to hurt the teams chances at winning by keeping two of their top players off the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrappingYoungChad View Post
Detroit took him in the 7th round. This could end up being another sensational late round pick for them
He was a 6th round pick (not that it really matters, but for clarification). And yes, he's a big, solid body on the point who plays a strong defensive game and can also produce some points at the junior level. Leaving Nedomlel off the roster for a dud like Doudera is mind boggling. Anybody who watches hockey would know that this is the wrong move as Doudera was absolutely horrendous in the CHL (although he did improve greatly from his first season to his second). I just can't fathom a coach who's being trusted to pick the nation's best squad of under-20 players actually leaving Stransky and Nedomlel off the roster. It's astonishing in the worst ways!

smitty10 is online now   Reply With Quote