View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
nullterm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
No way Schultz is most likely, hes the stud d- prospect the Oilers desperatly need. In terms of importance hes near the top. Reason I picked Ebs was 1) Hes a winger 2) May have the lowest ceiling

I would say it goes
Hall
Schultz/RNH
Eberle/Yakupov

Note: I in noway want to get rid of Eberle, just noting that past examples show there is no certainty that top talents stay with a team. Also the Oilers may have other holes that require attention that cant be addressed through draft and hard to acquire through FA. So one of the "big 5" may have to get let go. has any team in the past had 5 top talents they were able to hang on to for a long period of time? Chicago is the closest example with Toews/Kane/Keith/Seabrook.

The Oilers may well have six big players (If Klefbom develops well). I would have zero problem dealing one of them if it meant our team got better and could contend for a cup.
I think Ebs is the most valuable to the Oil because he's as close as it gets in the group to be a local boy for the fans to cheer for who was giddy as a school kid when he was selected to be an Oiler. Nuge is that precious 1C the Oilers coveted for so long. Hall is likely the next Captain.

Yakupov wants to be the best, I don't think the color of jersey matters as much, but I think he loves being with other top end players.

We'll see about Schultz when it comes time for his next contract as a free agent. I'm super excited to have him, but will he choose to stay with the rest or is he just looking to get his numbers up for his next deal wherever that may be. Maybe I'm just being jaded from all these years of being burned by free agents.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote