View Single Post
Old
12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Czech league the same as the AHL especially with the AHL being as loaded with all star talent this year. Then there is the fact Lander played in the SEL which is a heck of lot better then the Czech league. If Hertl was tearing up the Czech league I would believe you, but he's not. Give him a year in the KHL, SEL, or the AHL, then talk.
Hertl is the best scoring junior aged Czech player in the Czech Extraliga in a decade. You know Dmitri Jaskin, who's tearing up the QMJHL with 45 points in 28 games? Well, last year he scored exactly two points in 30 games on the same team as Hertl, who scored 25 points in 38 games. Jaskin scored 10 points in 33 games in his draft year, which is less than half of the PPG Hertl had in his draft year. This season Hertl is leading that same team in goals and is second in points. He's only being out-paced by NHLers Vladimir Sobotka and Roman Cervenka. And yet he still fights for every shift.

He has many of the same attributes as Jaskin does: big, strong as a bull, drives then net, fights in the corners, has an edge to him. Now imagine how Hertl would be doing in the CHL.

Oh, and the Extraliga team he plays on is not a good team. It's not like he's getting much help.

In summary, I know Hertl, you don't. So don't act like you do.

(Also yes, I am overly excited about the Sharks only first-rounder in the past 5 years. However, that doesn't make what I'm saying any less true).

EDIT: Also, in terms you can understand a little better, Hertl scored 2-3-5 in 6 WJC games last year as an undrafted player.

Last edited by TheJuxtaposer: 12-03-2012 at 10:58 PM.
TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote