View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:10 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
dude, i don't care that you guys are on him. its fine. we all want the flyers to win the cup. I defend him against the torment because i seriously think that contract is what created a ******** expectation that was always completely unrealistic and you guys bought into it. And of course he needed time to adjust from a defensive system to an offensive one. factor in injuries to our defense and that's as legitimate an excuse as i need. i thought he was really good after new years day. We always pay out the anus for players. that's why were a top team. so I'm not really as fazed by the money. the term is ridiculous but whatever.
uh no. Most of us realize Bryzgalov struggled for much of the year last year. You take out the month of March and the NJ series and hes hovering around .900 save percentage. That is completely unacceptable. I dont care if hes making 500k or 50 million. His job is to stop the puck. Make a tough save every now and then. We did not get enough of that last year.
Was everything his fault? Of course not. But the bottom line is he was brought here to be the no.1 goalie. It doesnt matter what he makes. When you have a save percentage well under .900 for a long stretch last year there is only so much you can blame the defense, bad luck, lucky breaks or whatever you want to call it. He didnt do his job for most of last year. Doesnt matter what he made.