View Single Post
Old
12-04-2012, 12:49 AM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMe View Post
Nobody is going to bother vetoing a trade that affects only picks after 300 or so, so in that sense, there is no point in limiting trades to 3-4 assets or fewer. But I would still rather just ban trades with more than 4 assets going either way to make the draft list faster to update.

Was there a single person who liked the 3 trade limit in ATD2011 by the end? It caused nothing but complaints and was in some ways worse than not allowing trades at all. How different is a 4 trade limit? If we're allowing trades at all, do we really want to add the added gaminess of "well I could trade up for the player I want now, but I might need to save a trade for later?"

you all are free to vote how you want. But I would vote for either loose restrictions on trades to prevent only the extreme cases or no trades at all, rather than allowing trades, but restricting them so much that you have to be strategic about them.
Well, ok. I agree that in the end we wished we never had a limit. Maybe 4's not the right number. But 8? That just seems like no limit at all.

6 is probably a good number to look at.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote